Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The First Phase: Chapter 11

It was as Veann predicted. The city was quiet. The streetlights paved the ways but no moving shadows passed by our sight. I doubt Veann felt the pride of being right, but I strut the city nonetheless. If he have even the slightest attempt at such thoughts, I would lose my place as the master. This part of the city is walked by our kind almost every night, yet at a duration Kuran declared forbidden, no one would dare come. 

            The younger of our kind would be at the academy, listening to Kuran approved material, preached by Kuran approved educator. The adults, or more specifically, the ones that Kuran deemed to be appropriate enough to graduate from the academy would be barricading themselves in their homes or whichever else location they like planning their business, the growth of their wealth and power, or like what the Daems and my family did, create contacts. In a few hours, they will work these streets until dawn.


             This part of the so-called adult world is something that is irrelevant to me. I am bound to my father and his wish, and he is bound to Kuran. They have already decided on making me a vital survival for our kind, so I do not wish to engage myself in worthless things. My family have enough wealth to sustain me. Veann was sent to educate me about harnessing my skills although I feel that Kuran also have him spy on my progress. Although he is a reliable servant, his loyalty is questionable.

“Miss,” hissed Veann as he pulled me over to the corridor.

I was about to yell at him for his bold rudeness but when I saw the panic in his eyes, I searched for the source instead.

           A pair of human, was walking in our area, hands around each other. The man lead the other towards our direction, but both was unaware of our presence. He motioned the woman against the wall and pull her skirt, revealing her long plump thighs, pulsating with the blue veins visible to my eyes. With every sound she let out at his touch, I can hear the silent stream of the red cells in her. The man took off her dress, leaving her skin exposed to the cold night air, and my nose to the scent of her pulsating sweat. It was the first time I have ever lusted for anyone's blood so much. I remember the lingering air in my last visit at Veann’s favourite village. I gave my word that no harm comes to them unless they displease me. I gave no such words to this pair.

          Just as I was deciding on launching myself on my prey, Veann moved. It was slight, a mistake made by his inferior ability for stealth but it alerted the man. He looked directly at Veann. The man was clearly angry at being spied upon but before words escaped his mouth, he saw me.

“A kid? No wonder you couldn’t bring yourself to speak,” he said, intensifying his pity onto Veann.

Veann flushed at his remark and tried to pull me away from the corridor. I jerked him off.

“What on earth do you think you’re doing?” I demanded.

“Little miss, hurry along your with your father. When you are of age, someone will give you the pleasure and you wouldn’t want to be disturbed too,” said the man, smirking towards Veann.

“I was not speaking to you, so be quiet,” I instructed, and gave a demanding look towards Veann.

           The man laughed and shot another pitiful look at Veann. “Well, I’m sure my lady doesn’t mind a geezer and his little darling to watch. For all we know, she might need the education”. He then tickled the woman’s breast and attempt at sucking from her neck.

           I was shocked at this daring attempt of copying how my kind eat. Veann looked away, reddening with what I realized as embarrassment. I had it, he is as meek as Kuran. What a worthless educator. He belonged in an academy, to preach, not at my side where I want action.

“Enough with the insolence, you lowly scum,” I said, with every sense picking up on the woman active pumping veins.

           Again, the man laughed and ignored me. I could feel my nails sharpen with anger. Each of the man’s mocking laughter and the woman’s sigh were making me both angry and hungry. I care not about Kuran’s rule or his feeble agreement with humans. They came to our territory at moon hours and disgraced our kind with those disgusting failure of an imitation. I was about to strike the man down when Veann held me back and shook. I can hear it in his pulse. No, Master Kuran had forbid. I jerked his hand off.

           He grabbed me by the shoulders, but something in his eyes betrays the fear that he have towards me that night. He immediately release his hands and clearly voiced that the pair was not worth my time. Something about his fear of me and mentioning of worthy prey made my hunger subside. I look at the woman longingly, though somehow the constant awareness of her pulsating blood feared me. I know not why I followed Veann as he moved away from the corridor but we both knew that the man’s last remark was his mistake.

“When you are ripe, little lady, you could find me again, I’ll be sure to give to the same pleasure my lady is experiencing,” said he foolishly.

I glared at the male, suddenly aware of his pulse, the very core that differ our being and somewhat remembered Veann’s lesson on human veins.

“The little lady loves to watch me kissing you”.

“Idiot, she’s been staring at me”.

“See if you could continue to mock me when your pulse stop,” I said softly.

Veann shoot me a puzzled look, still concerned of getting out of their way, and wary of me.
           I could feel the my strength better with the moon’s out and entertained myself with the little red cells of the male running to the opposite direction from of their intended flow.

The man paled and fell to his knees, gasping for help. I could see the woman panicking over the man as Veann rushed to check on him. I could see the scenery right in front of my eyes, but I hear nothing except the drips of the red cells running from their course, and my own tired brain finally telling them to cease all their activities.

           Veann finally looked up to me, and was horrified with what he saw. I was tired when I forcefully pull the woman’s throat to refill my strength. Contrary to her reaction when her partner bit her, she resisted strongly to mine but could not win over me. As her blood enters my system, some sort of satiety fills me up. I glanced down at the foolish man, letting him see how a real feast is like but seeing his strained face, I could only feel my head ache. I could hear footsteps of my kind at a distance, ready to start up this street up.

           It was when my head cries at the surge of new cells that I realize I couldn’t stop myself. I wanted more, but I looked at Veann and against my better judgement, I mouthed for his help. I don’t know what he did, but my eyes grew heavy, and for a moment, my crazy pride made me look at the human male to gloat of my superiority.


The man gave one final cry and fell. He did not look at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment