Sunday, February 12, 2012

The First Phase : Chapter 8

It seems like there's some disruption among the nobles. I can see the tense in my parents eyes as they were discussing about it. Well, it whatever conflict the nobles might have had nothing to do with me. If the royals have to start bothering, it backfires the definition of superiority. I think.

          Thus, after tutoring me for the whole evening, I demanded a time out. Veann doesn't refuse to that. Well, that's what he ought to do anyway. He might be my tutor, but he's still a servant regardlessly. The minute I dismissed him, I could detect relief in his breathing. So I hold him back on purpose. What right does a servant have to be relieved off duty? He should be saddened not relieved!



"Do you have a problem serving me, Veann?" I asked.
"No, young miss. In fact, I am honoured to be choosen to serve you," he said.
"Well, where did you planned to go with that obvious joy?" I asked.

          He seems troubled by the fact that I noticed. His first reaction was avoiding my eyes. However, Veann is still a top-notch noble, he immediately settle his eyes back to mine.

"I apologize, young miss. In fact I do planned on going somewhere today. But if young miss would be kind to want me as a company, I would be glad to obliged," the clever servant said.
"If that is so, then take me to where you plan on going. I'm not so mean to hold your plan back but since you like to accompany me, it would be best if I go along," I said.

          I didn't want to follow Veann only to see his reaction or to torment his loyalty. This time, I was just plain curious. What kind of place is it that he would rather be in other than mine? Veann replied to my request positively, as expected.

          The minute we start walking through the woods, I know where he's going; the wretch human village. We went to the mountain using the trails from the forest. It was early night, so going in the open is bad. Though, no matter how many times Veann explain that in our lesson, it won't reach my logic. Why should our race hide ourself from the humans. If they want to start aiming weapons, we should just kill them. After all, it's common knowledge. They are the prey. We are the predators. Yet, this stupid rule Kuran made force us to hide ourselves. Since they wouldn't budge, I didn't argue my point. I don't want to anger Father anyway.

          Once we reach the village,  my thirst suddenly surfaces. I tried to hold it in. Luckily, none of the villager are stupid enough to approach me. They left me to ponder the whole village with Veann. However, things did not last. Those who knew Veann immediately flocked arround him. I was too preoccupied to hold my desire that I have to strength to glare or scold Veann for his unattentiveness. So I glide back further from the rest of them till I reach the village border.

          I would have just eat them but I too have pride. I gave my word the last time I came. If I ever want to eat them, it would be the day they anger me. I cupped some of the snow and thrust my nose in it, hoping that I wouldn't have to suffer the scent of human that ignites this lust of mine. Still, my senses were sharp. Although faint, I know that someone is observing me. Worse, it's from quite a near distance. I looked all around but I couldn't find the source of life that was staring.

           The silence went on for a few minutes. I pretended to be going back to the village. After a few steps, my eyes caught a large stone at the village wall shifting slightly. In an instant, I speed to the rock.

"Che, nobles," I remarked.

          His cover was blown. He sat there, still staring with his deep crimson eyes. I couldn't tell his facial looks because he's wearing a hood and his body was still crouching. He made no indication to move.

"I could kill you if I wanted to, you of noble blood. Tell me your name," I demanded.
"Kill me if you want, pureblood brat!" he replied, half shouting.

           I was angry. However, I didn't quite understand it myself. I was being over keen on his manner of speaking and the pulse of his blood. The pulse of his blood. This noble is on the verge of death. He lost a lot of blood already. But to a speak rudely to me, of the royals, he deserve to die.

"You... mean to use the villagers as your supplements?" I asked.
"What is it to you? You purebloods pretend to be all goody-goody with these humans but you'll end up killing them anyway," he accused.
"Enough with your rudeness!" I said,"Still, you are right. To make a pact between the races are idiocy. They are our preys. That Kuran is stupid."
"Heh. And you assume you are intelligent. How pureblood-ish," he jerked.
"I don't assume. I am. Anyway, although humans are my prey, these villagers are currently under my care. Go, find some other place to feed," I shooed him.

          The noble was being stubborn though. He wouldn't budge.  I glared to make sure he got my point. The intensity of the glare made him falls. Just then did I realize, he really was on the verge of death. He won't make it to the next village. All the while, I kept on thinking how he deserve to die. He should, for being rude. He's a lowly noble. Yet, my hands move on its own, cutting myself and dripping the blood into his mouth till they fill his capillary.

          After his wounds heal, I realize how thoughtless my action was. I fed my blood to a noble. What lowly act did I do? I couldn't bring myself to kill the embarrassing being lying in front of me. So I dumped him further across our border, and left a message: FLEA!! NEVER COME BACK!!

          With that, I returned to the village and force Veann to go back to the Kuroli mansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment