Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The First Phase : Chapter 5

I was summoned to the Kuran Mansion one day.

          "What does he want with me?" I asked Veann as he buttoned my clothes. It was an orange victorian dress. If I was human, I might need a corset. I laugh at the thought. But I'm a kid of my perfect flawless kind. That includes our silhouette, figure and curves. There's a lot of thing that our kind can do but the human can't.

          "I wouldn't know, Young Miss," he answered honestly.
          "Could it have something to do with that village?" I asked.
At this remark, Veann remained silent.
          "Whatever. I'll just tell him to back off my land. But remember Veann, if those people displease me, they'll be my dinner without a doubt!" I warned.
          "As you said, Young Miss".



          On the way to that cursed king mansion, my eyes unfortunately caught Soyain Dwert, the noble kid under Kuran's care, eyes. At the sight of me, the snobbish noble came and snort right at my face. Despiscable was the only thing I could describe her. She boils my anger at the very sight. Veann tried to push me forward, to not keep Kuran waiting, but at that moment, I just wished that I could drain all that pathetic girl blood.

          "What is the matter?" asked the 'king' who appeared from Soyain.
          "Master Kaname, why is she here?" asked Soyain.
          "Why do you called for me?" I asked sourly.
          "Address Master Kuran as master, you idiot!" shout Soyain.
          "Why? He's not my master! I'm mastered by no one. And you lowly noble, how dare you speak to me in that most despicable manner. Do you want your head off?" I warned, glaring at the weak, giddy child no older than I am.
          "She's right Soyain. You must not speak to her rudely ever again. Now, apologize" the king instructed.
          "Yes, Master," she said before she turned to me, curtsying and apologize for her extreme rudeness.
          "Now, as for you, 4th child of Kuroli. Though I need not you to call me Master, but keep in mind that I am indeed your master," he continued.
          "I do not have the need to call you master? Then you just placed me above that imbecile. Anything below me is worth nothing. May I dry her off, then?" I asked synically.
          "No, you may not. Even if you are right in many ways, I forbid you to do any killing in my compund."
          "Does it have to do with your little 'secret'?" I asked.
          "I don't get you, Adefuwa. But anyway, come to my office" he ordered.

          I wished I could say no. But I came there to meet him and certainly won't want to talk in front of that worthless child. Therefore, though it hurt my pride to agree with that weakling of a king, I had to follow him.

          "Before we start, I wish you would not think of me as a weak person," said Kuran.
Though I was shocked to hear him replying to my thoughts, I remained indifferent.
          "Are you a person?" I asked.
I failed this time though. I wanted to act indifferent too but when I saw his amused but shocked expression, I can't help myself smirking.
          "Veann, you taught her well," he praised my servant.
          "Don't talk to my servant. You don't have my permission," I said.
          "I see Uranna Kuroli did not taught you well on mannerism. Or is that your servant duty?" he asked with a tone. An indication of a warning.
I grunted in dissatisfaction. He's using his darn power over my parent again.
          "So what is it?" I asked, changing the topic.
          "Though I want you to apologize, but since you are a special being to me, I shall ignore this," he said with a fake obvious smile.

          In the end, all he wanted to talk about was my education like how far have I learnt, how much have I improve, and most interesting but queer question is..
          "Did you feel any different than yesterday?" he asked.
          "No".

And I was dismissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment