Thursday, March 10, 2011

The First Phase : Chapter 4

The air of the night was chill and would soon be filled with shrill. It catches one body and spread from inside the bone until one would shudder, unable to shake the feeling off. To those who could feel it, they would soon realize, a lot sooner than average garbage, that their life would soon be taken.



          Veann and I walked slowly to the mountains. As for me, I was eager to catch a glimpse of the woman dead body. However somewhere inside of me, I can feel that she's not dead because of Veann. I could use the royal orders to make Veann spill anything I ever ask him too. The Purebloods have the power to instruct those under them against their will. However, being raised in a house where I have to take up orders, I could not dare to force my order on another being. Especially of my kind. The result of it to those who were cast upon the order would be unbearable. I've known the feeling of being forced to do things against my will, thus I vowed not to force my order on anyone.

          This time, Veann chose a white outfit again. I care not about it since it's going to look like the snow anyway. It might have been chosen because it could serve as disguise. Though secretly I doubt it. My lime hair supposedly stands out and Veann did nothing to hide it. While waiting for a signal for the blood bath, a smelt the stench of the woman from yesterday. I could hear her heart beating in consistency. Upon realizing the fact that she's still alive and SAFE, I glared at Veann. Veann played ignorant and stayed alert on the pile of snow, watching any other human that might passes by before the signal comes.

          "You take care of this. I'm going to find that woman who have stabbed my pride by not being dead!" I said angrily.
          "Young miss, it's about to start," Veann said, holding me back.
          "I care not!" I shouted.

          Suddenly, mountains of fiery fierce arrows were shot in our direction. It seems like the human have been informed of our ambushed. It must be that woman. Again, I glared at Veann for his bold and thoughtless act. Veann gave me no reply nor an expression. It annoyed me much more. I dashed towards the human, letting Veann take the trouble of covering for me by catching the arrows one by one. When I reached the human territories, I saw only a few of them standing guard at the village. Some of the oldies are joining the fight. Given a gift on extraordinary sense of hearing, I could hear every cry of the villagers and most unbearingly, the cry of children which is far stronger than any other for they only thought of one simple thing. A vampire must be dead!

          To my surprise, Veann was mingling with the human as soon as we reached their village. They did not direct their weapons at him. Not one of them! But they did so to me and Veann gave no reaction to this.

          "What is the meaning of this?" I demanded.
          "Young miss, I could not go any further with this mission. I beg your forgiveness," said Veann.
          "Why? They're YOUR food. Are you sympathizing them?"
          "I do not. It has been long since I thought of them as food. These people are my friends. They are not my food. Therefore I do not wish to eliminate their village. They have rights to live their lives," he said.
          "What does that matters to me? This is a given mission that I must complete. You should know that I could kill them all right now," I said, glaring at the folks who was aiming their useless guns that can't kill me, at me.
          "I do. I have been with young miss ever since you were born and until now, you have excelled in most of every skill taught. You are able to go into any war like an adult at such an age," he said.
          "Then begone from their side if you wish not to die".
          "No, I shall not. Instead, I beg you to forgive me and spare our lives. In return, we have agreed that you could welcome Young Miss anytime you wish to come".
          "Why would I come to this filthy place? Are you offering me a sacrifice?" I smirked seeing the villager shudder on my words.
          "Miss, we could not let you take any one of us. Please, spare us. This is also a chance for you to study the world that you can't explore. One you can't understand through books alone."
          "Is this part of your role as an educator sent by the Kurans?!" I gave him the absolute order that I hated so much in the question form. If Kuran were part of this plan, I shall execute all of them without delay and march right to his mansion to begone his head.
          "No, Young Miss. This is a decision of my own," he answered honestly but doubtful.

          Veann was telling the truth. He was beginning to feel the tension of me reporting it to the Kuran and they'll have worse fate ever. Though I do not agree to it personally, the chance to study things that even the Kurans might not thought of get the better of me. I relax my thin young muscles and stand proudly.

          "Veann, let's leave. I don't see a soul worth the kill here," I said. And Veann hurried to my side with relief as we left for the mansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment